Almost everyone wants to live a completely debt free life. Well, not everyone is able to see this day. But one thing that can be said for sure is that the green living community has always been capable and even managed to achieve a debt free life. This is only because of the fact that there have been continuous efforts from their side to transform their lives into something way better than the present. Debt relief can be easily achieved once you have adopted a green life. There will be complications and challenges, but you’re very likely to get a debt free option with each and every way that you adopt. The following are some ways to live a debt free green life:
- Eco-friendly green homes – There’s no better way to live a completely debt free and green life than building a green home. The low building costs and all make it possible for anyone to have a control on his/her budget. With a green home, you won’t need air-conditioning and heating systems. Not only you save on the purchase and installation of these systems, you save money on the electricity bills as well. Further, you can always be free of rents and mortgages while living in a green home. There are going to be challenges in the form of planning and getting the materials, but with proper and advanced planning you can have your green home built without spending anything more than $50000. This way you’ll have escaped mortgage and rent issues for the rest of your life. This will also push your foreclosure concerns away.
- Local purchases – If you’re a green life enthusiast, you’d surely focus on making local purchases. Doing that will prevent the overuse of credit cards and make you focus on cash payments whenever you make purchases. You’ll have successfully gotten rid of the ongoing payments with the elimination of credit cards. This allows you to save money on fuel as you can always do your shopping during a walk in your locality.
- No credit worries – ‘No credit policy’ is the best way to go about things as a green life enthusiast. In fact, the necessity of living on credit reduces significantly as you live a green life. The use of cash and debit cards will increase. You’d prefer buying locally. Further, there will be reduction in the use of checks as more and more people start relying on electronic transactions. Reduction in use of checks will help you save paper. Your carbon footprint will be significantly lowered because of such actions.
- Organic food – You can always grow fruits and vegetables in your own backward. This way you’ll save money on the food purchases as well as on transport and fuel if you have a car.
You need to plan well every time you decide to introduce anything green in your life. Gain as much knowledge as you can so that you can make sure the implementation turns out to be a success at the end of the day.
You’re likely to see some financial issues coming up, but those are short-lived. The money you spend now will be paid back to you within a few years time. All you need to do is make sure the entire process continues to function smoothly and properly.
Editors Comments: Getting out of debt is a challenge and can be a frustrating and difficult experience. Debt consolidation is one method that will help. Equifax offers a service, Equifax Debt Wise That will help a consumer track and pay down their debt. Once you are out of debt, using a prepaid credit card, such as AMEX Pre Paid will help you control your spending and keep from going into the debt spiral once again. If you have the ability to control your spending and not build up debt you can also explore a cash back card. A cash back card will put some more money into your budget, so long as you use it wisely and don’t build up a balance. Discover is a highly rated cash back card that is worth taking a look at.
Dan Marshall is guest contributor Dan’s posts focus on debt related matters such as consolidation and elimination. If you are interested in submitting a guest post at the Wise Dollar, please contact me with an overview of what you would like to post. Thanks – Jose
Latest posts by John Schmoll (see all)
- 4 Simple Ways to Start Investing in the Stock Market - February 10, 2016
- Motif Investing Review: Get Up To $150 Cash Back! - February 5, 2016
- 5 Ways to Save Money on Valentine’s Day - February 3, 2016